Quantcast Finally Frugal: Jump-start your emergency fund. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Jump-start your emergency fund. . . .

Five months ago, I committed to starting and regularly funding an emergency fund. I now have $1,000 in my ING Online Savings account, which currently earns 3.0% interest. After being with ING for a few months, I decided to open an interest-bearing checking account with them, as well as sub-savings accounts, which I'm using for future utilities, tuition, and auto insurance payments. It's working out wonderfully! I can say that I've never once regretted my decision to start, fund, and keep my ING accounts. There are other online accounts that have different features, and may even pay a bit better interest (check out HSBC or Emigrant Direct) but I like ING.

Even though my monthly interest deposits are pretty minimal (less than $10 a month total), at least it's a little something extra---basically, my money is starting to work for ME, instead of the other way around. Well, it's a beginning, anyway.

When I started my ING accounts I didn't know I could get a bonus $25 (with a $250 initial deposit) just for using another person's referral. How I wish I'd known that! Now, I have the opportunity to offer a bonus referral to you! Plus, I will receive a $10 bonus for referring you.

If you'd like to begin a savings or checking account at ING, you can use the links below. Even if you don't choose to use my referrals, I hope you'll check out the company---I've been impressed, and it's nice to know that my money is finally earning interest.


ING $25 bonus Savings account link
ING $25 bonus Savings account link
ING $25 bonus Savings account link

ING $25 bonus Checking account link
ING $25 bonus Checking account link
ING $25 bonus Checking account link

NOTE: if these links are expired, feel free to email me at finally_frugal-at-yahoo-dot-com and I'll send you a "fresh" link.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...