Quantcast Finally Frugal: Finally Frugal Weekly Roundup. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Finally Frugal Weekly Roundup. . . .

Another Saturday roundup! I didn't have much time to peruse my favorite blogs this week, unfortunately, so here are just a few of the ones I did enjoy and learn from.

J.D. at Get Rich Slowly writes about unit pricing, which I've been using as a frugal tool at the grocery store for quite some time. This is where you look at the per-pound or per-ounce price of an item, so you can compare it to the name-brand or even a product for which you have coupons. Extremely helpful in determining the best deals!

Meanwhile, Frugal Dad wrote a great post about putting a cap on monthly spending, especially 'discretionary spending'. As I've been struggling with the 'fun money' item in my budget this was a great read.

Over at The Simple Dollar, Trent gives us a review of a book that I will probably never read because it sounds incredibly frustrating. It's called 'You're So Money', and while some of the ideas in it sound practical, it also seems to be forwarding a consumerist lifestyle that doesn't appeal to me in the least.

And finally, since I've not yet gone grocery shopping for the month of June (I'm holding out as long as I can), I was very interested in a list of recipes that Lynnae from Being Frugal is using to plan her menus this month. She's attempting to supercharge her frugality this month, and I wish her the best of luck!

I'll be studying for a final most of the weekend, so I suppose I'm lucky it's rainy and cool. I hope it's warmer and sunnier in your neck of the woods, wherever you are! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...