Quantcast Finally Frugal: Walgreens deals. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Walgreens deals. . . .

I'm continuing to hone my coupon and rebate-abilities, so today I went to Walgreens for a mini shopping trip for a few things I use regularly, and for which I had either single or double coupons (I consider anything a 'double' when there's a coupon in the Walgreens Easy Saver booklet, along with a manufacturer coupon from the Sunday newspaper).

Here's how I did:

Colgate Total toothpaste: $3.49

  • minus $2.50 Easy Saver coupon and
  • minus $.75 manufacturer coupon
Jergens lotion: on sale for $4.59
  • minus $1.50 Easy Saver coupon and
  • minus $1.00 manufacturer coupon
Playtex tampons (36 ct): on sale for $6.99
  • minus $2.00 Easy Saver coupon and
  • minus $1.50 Walgreens register coupon
Wrigley Big Red gum: $1.29
  • minus $1.29 manufacturer coupon
So I spent $5.92 and saved $10.54 using coupons. I really am kind of disappointed that Walgreens is planning to phase out the Easy Saver booklet, because if you're willing to match up manufacturer coupons with the Easy Saver coupons, you can make out like a bandit at the cash register! I also made a trip to KMart, which is currently doubling manufacturer coupons, and picked up cleaning products, shampoo and conditioner, and facial cleanser and spent much less than I normally would have.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...