Quantcast Finally Frugal: All about savers. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Friday, June 5, 2009

All about savers. . . .

Yet another article along the lines of the financial personality piece that I linked to on Wednesday. This one highlights research that pertains to 'Savers'. Here's a little recap:

  • 'Savers' start early: 73% indicate that their parents taught them the value of saving money, compared to average savers.
  • 'Savers' are less into the luxuries of life: meaning, they live well but they don't necessarily need a high-priced spa treatment or a Coach bag to feel good about themselves. This makes a ton of sense. When I began my frugal journey, I made a conscious effort to ask myself 'WHY' I was purchasing non-essential items---if I couldn't come up with a reasonable answer I didn't purchase it.
  • 'Savers' know their limits: budgets are already pretty lean for savers, so cutting additional expenses is sometimes not possible---and savers are aware of how far they can go in finding additional savings.
  • 'Savers' are happier with their finances: this makes sense as well. When you're not afraid to open your bills life is much less stressful. I know that having an emergency fund and additional savings accounts helps me sleep better at night!
I wish this article had contained a URL to the study itself, as I wanted to include the tables and graphs (I do love me some graphs!) and to look at the exact numbers and analysis a little further. I'll see if I can find it somewhere online. . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...