Quantcast Finally Frugal: How to get a pair of designer jeans for $6. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Monday, February 28, 2011

How to get a pair of designer jeans for $6. . . .

Awhile back (early December, in fact), I took a bunch of clothing to two local consignment stores. Last weekend, I finally had a chance to visit one of the stores to see if anything had sold. As it turns out, I had $90 in sales! I could either choose 40% in cash or 60% in store credit. I was leaning toward the cash until I found a pair of designer jeans that *almost* fit me - luckily they're a brand (Joe's) that stretch and stretch and stretch, based on past experience.

So I bought 'em and only had to hand over $6. Granted, I 'spent' an additional $54 of store credit but that was based on the sale of clothing I hadn't worn in years. So I consider this to be a good deal, especially since the length of these jeans is perfect and being rather petite (5'4") that's a definite plus! And, after two days of wear, they've already stretched out to such a degree that I don't feel like they're too tight in the waist or hips. Begone, muffin top!

I still have to make a visit to the other consignment store; perhaps I'll that next weekend and see what's on the books for me there. . . .

3 comments:

Cassie said...

While having cash back would have been awesome, getting a pair of jeans you'll wear exchange for $6 and a pile of clothes you don't wear sounds pretty darn good too! It's like cleaning out your closet then hitting a REALLY good sale.

Nicely done :)

Anonymous said...

Since you have little available time, why not phone to see what has sold?

Finally Frugal said...

@Anonymous: tried phoning; unfortunately they have one of those messages with the hours the store is open and location and that's it - i.e. no one answers (the other store was like that too, unfortunately. . . )

@Cassie: yes, I've already gotten $6 worth of wear out of these jeans so I'm happy! (-:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...