Quantcast Finally Frugal: A temporary holiday. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A temporary holiday. . . .

Whew! Who knew that when the sun came out (finally!) my life would rev up so dramatically! In attempting to get the most out of every ray of sunlight in Oregon (after a cold winter and freezing spring spent indoors, huddled under blankets), I've let my blog languish.

To be fair to all of you (if you're still there at this point!) I think I will take a temporary breather from blogging. I am still working diligently on my credit card repayment AND my emergency fund, and while I'm not doing as well as I had been, I'm still making some progress.

My car died on Sunday, which cost $300 (it was the starter---it could have been much worse, I know!). Luckily, I had my emergency fund, and used it appropriately. I'm ashamed to admit that I've been less than diligent about keeping track of each penny as it leaves my life. June was busy, and July has been equally so.

I am promising myself that I will start again in August, not just with keeping track of my finances, but also in taking care of my blog---I think it must be no small coincidence that when I began to de-prioritize the blog, tracking my finances also became a lower priority.

Two more weeks of July, and then I'm back on board with Finally Frugal in August! I hope all of you, wherever you are, are having lovely, sunny, family and friend-oriented summers.

See you in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

marci357 said...

As a fellow Oregonian, I fully agree with taking advantage of the sunshine that we finally have! Whoppee! I was a long cold wet dreary winter and no spring to speak of! ENJOY!
But, I had been wondering where you went to :)

Enjoy! and see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Well,
Have a good holiday. I am a new reader and I will be here when you get back

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...