Quantcast Finally Frugal: December 2008 zero based budget

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Sunday, January 4, 2009

December 2008 zero based budget

My zero-based budget for December isn't perfect, but given the holidays, it could have been much, much worse! Note that I have yet to reimburse my brother $150 for a gift for our parents, which I'll take out of my January budget, unfortunately!





As you can see, I went way over my budget in the 'Fun' category, as well as in the 'Grocery' category. I have a strategy that I'm going to use starting in January that I'll discuss in a post later next week. Hopefully this will help me get a handle on those areas that tend to get out of control. Now, more than ever, I need to keep an eye on the money that is leaving my life, since I'm trying to increase my savings so that I can meet my goal of having $4,500 in my 'Internship Year' savings account by September of 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...