Quantcast Finally Frugal: Finally Frugal's weekly roundup. . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finally Frugal's weekly roundup. . .

At the beginning of my blog journey, I used to do a 'weekly roundup' of other blogs that I found interesting, but as life got busier, I often didn't have time to take more than a cursory glance at what other PF bloggers were up to. I have to say, the next six months will be the busiest yet---so no guarantees the weekly roundup will be weekly (maybe monthly!) but I do love giving a 'shout-out' to bloggers and posts that really resonated with me. So here is the first roundup of 2009:

Lynnae at Being Frugal wrote a great post about what frugality is. And isn't. I have to say, I truly like her definition of the concept; she takes all of the negative connotations (such as 'miserly', and 'stingy') and turns 'em upside down!

With so many tasks and activities and obligations, sometimes I feel like I'm on autopilot. Leo from Zen Habits wrote a beautiful post about finding happiness on the journey, rather than expecting it at our destination (which always seems to be just over the horizon).

Trent, from The Simple Dollar, writes a wonderful post about Frugality and Binge Buying, something that I am guilty of more often than not. This is the phenomenon of being really "good" at frugality, and then convincing oneself that one 'deserves' a new TV, a new car, or (usually in my case) a new pair of boots!

Mrs. Micah has a great post that reviews the steps to beginning and maintaining a debt snowball. With the new year upon us, I'm sure many of us have new financial goals that include paying down old debt. This post will help!

2 comments:

momstheword said...

Thanks for the links. I like to read frugal blogs, when I have time, as it's great motivation to stay frugal, or gives me a new thought or something.

Scriptpunk said...

Some great posts here to check out. Thanks

Fru x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...