Quantcast Finally Frugal: Finally Frugal's weekly roundup. . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finally Frugal's weekly roundup. . .

It's been a historic week, full of change and inspiration. Through it all, my favorite bloggers (and a few new finds) continued to write relevant, thoughtful, motivational posts. Here were some of the best:

Blunt Money posted on a subject that I consider every day: how to stay motivated when you're living a frugal life and trying to save money. Visiting the PF blogosphere definitely keeps my mind limber. . . .

Someday (maybe not soon, but definitely someday) I'll have some extra cash to invest. When that time comes, I want to be ready. Luckily, Dividend Guy posted his 20 all-time favorite investing books this month. I'm definitely bookmarking this one. . . .

And finally, a guest poster at Get Rich Slowly gives us some advice (and shares a frustrating story) on home appliance repair. Although my appliances are working right now (knock on wood), I have been having a devil of a time replacing a broken plastic doodad that attaches to a magnetic cat door, which my cats broke. Apparently, I must either purchase an entirely new cat door (at around $50) or send to the UK (!!) for a replacement part. . . . Grrrr. . .

So that's it! A rather anticlimactic end to an historic week. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...