Quantcast Finally Frugal: Memorial Day savings. . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day savings. . .

In no way do I want this site to become all about the great deals one can find at local drugstores and grocery stores (using coupons, of course). There are too many great sites out there that already do the job commendably, so I'll leave it to them!

However, I did want to show off my "take" last Monday, using coupons, double coupons, and Walgreens Register Rewards. . . .

I'm trying to stock up for a weekend trip to the beach coming up, on which I'll be responsible for breakfast and snack foods. About half of what you see above is coming with me to the beach (just south of Newport, for those familiar with the Oregon coast. . . .), and I saved a TON, using Albertson's double coupons plus Walgreens advertised specials combined with a coupon.

Total out of pocket (OOP, as the experts say) was $24.96. In addition, I received $5.50 in Walgreens Register Rewards (coupons I can use for other items), which brings the total down to $19.46. I forgot to include the bag of Seattle's Best coffee in the photo, which was $8 on its own (I have a rebate form with which I'll get a full refund on that coffee, by the way. . . )

Not bad for items that would have cost me $62.32 without the coupons! That popcorn was actually free---I went back later and got two more boxes, since you can't beat free!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

awesome..

Tessie said...

Yay! I always wondered what OOP stood for. It's good to know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...