Quantcast Finally Frugal: Soup, anyone?

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soup, anyone?

In the spirit of stockpiling non-perishables for next year, I found an awesome deal at Walgreens (thanks, Hip-2-Save and Money Saving Mom!)

WAGS had an in-ad coupon for .59 cent cans of Campbell's Tomato or Chicken Noodle Soup (limit of six per transaction). Now, this is ordinarily a very good price---and I'm a big fan of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on dreary winter days. In addition to this great price, though, there's an online coupon at the Campbell's soup website that gives $1.00 off any two 'cooking soups' from Campbell's.

I was able to print out quite a few of those coupons, and purchased 12 cans of soup (6 tomato, 6 chicken noodle) for a total of $1.08!

That means that each of those cans of soup cost .09 cents!!! Amazing. . . .

I have a raincheck for six more at a local Walgreens which ran out of soup (not surprising), so I'll add some more to my stockpile next week---although I'm not sure I'll have any more online coupons to use---there is a limit, after all!

1 comment:

marci357 said...

Nice deals! Oh how I wish for a competiting store here in my little rural town!

I actually remember when soups often went on sale 10/$1.... the good ol' days :)(not that long ago)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...