Quantcast Finally Frugal: April Zero Based Budget. . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

April Zero Based Budget. . .

Here's the damage to my April 2009 budget. Not too bad, if you overlook the fact that I spent waaaaaaay too much in the miscellaneous category again (I've increased this category in May's zero-based budget).




I did succeed in keeping my overall spending percentage under 78%, which I consider a good thing. That means that my total savings was around 22%! Much better than the negative 6% savings rate I had when I started this frugal journey! Hopefully by the end of this month my internship year savings account will hit $3,000, which will make me much more comfortable with my decreased salary next year. . . .

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are doing really well. One thing about the misc stuff. The more detailed you can make your budget, the fewer things will fall into the misc category. I think Dave Ramsey is against a misc category, but I can't remember exactly. You could try to analyze the things that are falling into misc and see if you can break them out separate and budget for them accordingly.

Erin said...

Great job! I'm so impressed. I'm on the baby step of writing down every dime I spend for May...I'll assess at the end of the month.

Megan said...

Wow, I like how you do your budget. Great job! The "miscellaneous" category is always the one that gets me, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I hope you do not mind me asking, I am very curious as to how you are able to earn $325.00 checks? I work part-time outside the home and have two young children at home. I would love to find something I can do from home that could help with my monthly budget. Any insights?

Tessie said...

Wow! You are really good with your money. I'm very impressed. That takes a lot of discipline. It looks simple enough in black and white, but I know it's not always easy in real life. It's so hard to live within your means-but you're doing a great job of it. You should teach a class!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...