Quantcast Finally Frugal: Grocery price comparisons. . . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grocery price comparisons. . . . .

FrugalMomLA posted last week with a comparison of some common grocery (plus gas) costs, primarily from the West Coast. She did hear from a Canadian blogger, and it was very interesting to see the differences in price for a gallon of gas in Portland versus Nova Scotia! Basically, with a gallon of gas in NS costing roughly $4.56, I've nothing to complain about!

I know I would be interested in hearing from more people across the country and elsewhere about the costs in their areas. If you're interested in participating, please click on FrugalMomLA's link above and chime in!

Meanwhile, there are a myriad of news stories about how high our gas and grocery prices could eventually go, including these:

CNN: Gas prices hit all-time high

NPR: What's driving up grocery prices?

New York Post: Eat it & weep: Grocery prices soaring

CNNMoney: Holy Cow! Consumers get a milk break

While that last article does indicate that at least milk prices are going to stabilize, I think we're in for a rough ride on other items (like corn---my favorite vegetable). I'm continuing to visit my local Grocery Outlet and Winco to save as much as I possibly can until the economy improves (assuming it does. . . .)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...