Quantcast Finally Frugal: Hola from Mexico!

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hola from Mexico!

Our house has internet access, so here I am sitting on the veranda, watching the surf (and the surfers), drinking my morning coffee. It occurs to me that someone could live here full time if only he or she had a job in which telecommuting was possible. Not me, obviously. What a life, though!

So far, I've spent more than I thought I would, primarily because I'm not familiar with the exchange rate yet, and I'm also horrible at math---I'm not really sure how many dollars my pesos represent---must get on this.

For example, a small container of milk (for coffee) and 8 fresh eggs came to 20 pesos, which I think is about $2.00---if so, quite a deal. However, dinner (delicious mahi-mahi filet with shrimp and cheese, and the requisite margarita) was 300 pesos. A beer at a local bar was 50 pesos. Granted, I'm also just kind of throwing pesos in my friends' direction, hoping it covers my share--another thing I shouldn't be doing.

Hoping to get better at the peso to dollar exchange, and hoping that I'll take the time to figure out exactly how much I owe at any given time, rather than throwing money at someone.

Have a lovely week, everyone! I'll post again in a couple of days. . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's gotta be nice. I live in Iowa, and I'm so sick of our long cold winter that I would do just about anything to be on a beach in Mexico!

This is my first visit to your blog; keep up the good work and good luck on your financial journey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...