Quantcast Finally Frugal: Making sense of my travel budget. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Making sense of my travel budget. . . .








It's odd. A week in Mexico threw me completely off----I often didn't write down exactly what I was buying with my pesos, and I paid absolutely no attention to how much money I was taking from the local village ATM machine. I'm still muddling through my finances three days after my return, trying to determine how much I really spent on my vacation (too much, I'm sure).

Luckily, I hid my credit card from myself about two months ago, and now I can't find it! So I couldn't have put anything on credit even if I had wanted to! Not being able to find my credit card gave me a bit of a panic----it's like my security blanket, and I definitely felt some anxiety at not having it in my wallet, just in case. But I found that I could survive without it, in spite of only having access to the cash in my checking account (as opposed to the "cash" available through credit).

It appears that I used much more cash during my vacation week than I anticipated:

Money from ATM/debit while in Mexico: $285.92
Money taken to Mexico: $200
Airport parking: $56
Housesitter: $100
House rental: $500 (paid in advance)

I may even be missing some information here, as well. For example, I'm pretty sure I paid for my horseback ride with my debit card, and that hasn't shown up on my account yet. . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...