Quantcast Finally Frugal: Rich by 30. . . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Monday, March 31, 2008

Rich by 30. . . . .

Last week, while perusing Wise Bread, I came across a review for a book entitled: Rich by 30. I left a comment thanking the poster, Lynn Truong, for her review. Amazingly, Ms. Truong emailed me and offered to send me her copy of the book, with the caveat that I donate the book to my local library when I was finished. I happily accepted, and the book arrived on Saturday!

Although I had a friend visiting this weekend and was therefore busy, I was able to go through the book at lightning speed. It's truly basic, and much of the information presented will be familiar for anyone with an interest in personal finance. I commented to my friend that it would be an amazing gift for a teenager just starting his or her first job. How I wish I had had the wisdom to start saving (even just a little bit!) at the age of 16, when I got my first job!

Thanks, Lynn, for the book! I enjoyed reading it, and will pass it along to the Multnomah County Library system this week, so that others in my area can benefit from it as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...