Quantcast Finally Frugal: Needs versus wants. . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Needs versus wants. . .

Just found this great cartoon on the GetRichSlowly site, and thought I'd share it. If you click on the link above or below, you can see a full size version of this cartoon, which was created by Dorothy Gambrell, of Cat and Girl.



















I think one of the reasons I find this so funny is that I actually DID ask for socks for Christmas this year. I wanted yummy, warm, wool (not the scratchy kind) socks, because I'm keeping my thermostat at 58 degrees to save on energy costs. Throughout the months of December and January, I was bundled up like an eskimo when I was at home. For Christmas, I received one pair of socks. The year I truly want and yes, need socks and I get one measly pair. However, I've worn them so much both feet have giant holes in the toe. Time to get the needle and thread out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...