Quantcast Finally Frugal: Finally Frugal Weekly Roundup. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Finally Frugal Weekly Roundup. . . .

It's finally, wonderfully, beautifully, warm and sunny here in Portland! Since I have no desire to sit inside in the gloom in front of my computer, I've compiled my weekly roundup for your enjoyment. I certainly learned from each of these posts, and I hope that you do as well!

Moolanomy, one of my favorite bloggers, had a guest post this week about the difference between a budget mentality and a net worth mentality. In my mind, the budget is the shorter-term view, while net worth communicates a long-term goal or objective.

Mrs. Micah discusses the topic of how to dine out without stiffing your server. Having waitressed one summer, I have the utmost respect in the people who bring me my food, so this was a good read!

Now, I am not generally a fan of grocery coupons because I prefer to buy the generic brands and haunt the bulk section. But J.D. at Get Rich Slowly posted a story about the Coupon Queen, and her ability to pay as little as $10 a week (for a family of FIVE!) using coupons. Worth a read, whatever your opinion about coupons.

The Simple Dollar lists 16 ways to minimize your monthly bills. Many of these make perfect sense, especially the suggestion to ditch the cellphone plan and switch to a 'pay as you go' plan, as I recently did.

Now that the warm weather is upon us, I'm seeing signs for garage sales around the neighborhood. Since I'm in the market for a used bike, I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Luckily, Lynnae at Being Frugal wrote a post this week explaining the most efficient way to grab those yard sale bargains!

As I appear to be in the midst of my third or fourth midlife crisis (and I'm still in my 30's!), I was interested in Plonkee Money's post about why she likes her job.

That's it for me, folks! Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...