Quantcast Finally Frugal: In student loan denial. . . . I mean deferral. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In student loan denial. . . . I mean deferral. . . .

Now that I can (kind of) see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as my credit card debt goes, I'm trying to force myself to get excited about paying off the $50,000+ in student loan debt I'm carrying. Granted, my loans are in deferral because I'm in school (again!) but some of the interest is accruing on the unsubsidized portions of the loans. Added to this is the fact that when I consolidated lo those many years ago, the interest rate was at 8.25%. Ouch.

So, today I've been cruising the personal finance blogosphere, looking for good articles that will get me ready to at least start paying the interest portion of my student loans (and get that tax deduction while I'm at it).

Here's a list of what I found:

I'm sure there is more to be found, and I'm going to keep my eyes peeled during the upcoming months. Since my credit card debt won't be repaid in full until next fall, I've got some time to find my motivation for this seemingly overwhelming financial task. I would love to have the student loans go away all on their own (which they may do, but I can't count on that). Until or unless that happens, I need to start finding some inspiration to start the next phase of Mission: Debt Knockout.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...