Quantcast Finally Frugal: Sick as a dog. . . .

The bumpy road to financial independence. . . .

 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sick as a dog. . . .

I have that flu/cold that's been going around! I've already called in sick to both of my jobs, and am considering whether to go to class tonight (it's a 45-minute commute each way---on the light rail).

I really want to just crawl back into bed in a Nyquil-induced fog. Unfortunately, I'm all out of cold remedies. Can I hack it without the expensive cold medicine? And where, in my tiny little budget, would the money for medicine come from? It would have to be from my 'fun' money, and knocking myself out with cough syrup is NOT my idea of fun!

For now, I'm going to keep drinking lemon tea with honey, and if I really need some knockout pills/syrup, I'll get the generic brand to keep costs low. Following my zero-based budget without any flexibility isn't worth it to be miserable!

Hopefully back with the living tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...